NOVEMBER 8 – 17, 2018
Natures Tapestry JLM, LLC fall photo adventure tour to Costa Rica will take place November 8-17, 2018. The tour will begin on Nov. 8 around noon when guests arriving from the US are met at the San Jose airport and the tour will end on Nov 17 at noon when guests are taken to the airport to depart for home.
This is a wonderful country where you will have the opportunity to film wildlife, reptiles and amazing birds from the steamy rainforest to the chilly high mountains along the Pacific range. The tour will encompass visiting four distinct locations, chosen expressly for photographers to experience unique photo opportunities.
Valuable to our trip is our bilingual guide. He is a well-respected individual in the guiding community and has the double advantage of being a naturalist as well as a wildlife photographer. We have had the benefit of working with this respected person for almost ten years.
The trip cost includes accommodation in four different lodges in distinct locations throughout the country. All meals, in country transportation, park entrance fees etc. are included. Not included is air transportation to and from your home destination to Costa Rica, alcoholic beverages, Guide tips, laundry, telephone/fax usage and any personal expenses you may with to make. WIFI and Internet service is limited and only available in certain places in each lodge.
The price of the tour is US$3,950 per person sharing a double room. A deposit of US$1,185 per person will be required to reserve a space in the tour with the remainder of the tour cost of US$2,765 per person due 30 days prior to departure. You do not require a visa for Costa Rica if you are a Canadian or American citizen. All persons from other countries should check on line with the Costa Rican government official website to determine if they need a visa. No specific shots such as yellow fever are required nor is malaria medication needed. A detailed itinerary of the ten-day trip will be forwarded to you once you commit to coming with us on this memorable tour.
Natures Tapestry recommends trip cancellation insurance and medical/emergency evacuation insurance coverage for any of our tours. This will, of course depend on your personal tolerance for assuming risk and medical insurance you may have that will cover foreign emergencies. Health care in Costa Rica is very good with excellent clinics that cater to foreign visitors. Your passport should be up to date and have at least six months prior to expiration. In addition, we recommend you have at least two pages that are vacant visa pages (some countries require this). Be careful not to confuse Passport Endorsement pages with Passport Visa pages. They are totally different.
Attached is a list of suggested things to bring with you.
- Comfortable casual photographer clothes. Long pants and short shirts are fine. Shorts can be used at night.
- No open toed shoes to be used on walking tours of the lodge gardens. Tennis shoes or hiking shoes are appropriate to use.
- Insect repellent
- All prescription medicines
- Mucinex D or other suitable cold, cough and decongestant
- Pepto Bismal pink pills or other antacid products
- Band Aids
- Headache remedies
- Computer if you download cards at night
- Camera batteries and chargers
- Cameras and lenses. One macro lens is recommended along with a scenic and telescopic lens
- Rain jacket and a couple of large black garbage bags to cover equipment if it rains.
- Cell phones and charging cords
- Compact Flash or SD Cards for camera
- A bar of soap (hotel soaps are very small) and a plastic soap container.
- One multi plug power strip. Costa Rica electricity is 110 not 220 but some of the lodges do not have many outlets to charge your batteries and phones etc.
- Lens cleaning cloths.
- Laundry soap if you plan to wash clothes. Laundry services are available at the lodges.
- LED flashlight
- Credit Cards can be used for incidental purchases. AMEX has limited usage but Visa and MasterCard are fine.
- US Currency can be used in most places in Costa Rica.
Proprietary medicine products such as:
You do not have to be a professional photographer to come on any of our tours. Video, point and shoot or even IPhone users are welcome. Or if you just want to come along and enjoy nature, you still are welcome.
Each participant on our tours will be required to sign a Disclaimer form and Assumption of Risk form prior to coming on the trip. These forms will be sent to you for signature. Please scan the signed forms and return them to Gary Malloch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you may have regarding the tour. Our contact information follows below.
Tour Leaders: Judy Lynn and Gary Malloch
Phone: 561 756-0341 or 561 752-9072