Costa Rica April 12 -21, 2018
Natures Tapestry JLM, LLC photo adventure tour to Costa Rica will take place April 12 through April 21, 2018. The tour will begin on April 12 around noon when guests arriving from the US are met at the San Jose airport and the tour will end on April 21 at noon when guests are taken to the airport to depart for home.
This is a wonderful country where you will have the opportunity to film wildlife, reptiles and amazing birds from the steamy rainforest to the chilly high mountains along the Pacific range. The tour will encompass visiting four distinct locations, chosen expressly for photographers to experience unique photo opportunities.
Valuable to our trip is our bilingual guide. He is a well-respected individual in the guiding community and has the double advantage of being a naturalist as well as a wildlife photographer. We have had the benefit of working with this respected person for almost ten years.
The trip cost includes accommodation in four different lodges in distinct locations throughout the country. All meals, in country transportation, park entrance fees etc. are included. Not included is air transportation to and from your home destination to Costa Rica, alcoholic beverages, Guide tips, laundry, telephone/fax usage and any personal expenses you may with to make. WIFI and Internet service is limited and only available in certain places in each lodge.
The price of the tour is US$3,950 per person sharing a double room. A deposit of US$1,185 per person will be required to reserve a space in the tour with the remainder of the tour cost of US$2,765 per person due 30 days prior to departure. You do not require a visa for Costa Rica if you are a Canadian or American citizen. All persons from other countries should check on line with the Costa Rican government official website to determine if they need a visa. No specific shots such as yellow fever are required nor is malaria medication needed.
Natures Tapestry recommends trip cancellation insurance and medical/emergency evacuation insurance coverage for any of our tours. This will, of course depend on your personal tolerance for assuming risk and medical insurance you may have that will cover foreign emergencies. Health care in Costa Rica is very good with excellent clinics that cater to foreign visitors. Your passport should be up to date and have at least six months prior to expiration. In addition, we recommend you have at least two pages that are vacant visa pages (some countries require this). Be careful not to confuse Passport Endorsement pages with Passport Visa pages. They are totally different.
Attached is a list of suggested things to bring with you.
- Comfortable casual photographer clothes. Long pants and short shirts are fine. Shorts can be used at night.
- No open toed shoes to be used on walking tours of the lodge gardens. Tennis shoes or hiking shoes are appropriate to use.
- Insect repellent
- All prescription medicines
Proprietary medicine products such as:
- Mucinex D or other suitable cold, cough and decongestant
- Pepto Bismal pink pills or other antacid products
- Band Aids
- Headache remedies
- Computer if you download cards at night
- Camera batteries and chargers
- Cameras and lens. One macro lens is recommended along with a scenic and telescopic lens
- Rain jacket and a couple of large black garbage bags to cover equipment if it rains.
- Cell phones and charging cords
- Compact Flash or SD Cards for camera
- A bar of soap (hotel soaps are very small) and a plastic soap container.
- One multi plug power strip. Costa Rica electricity is 110 not 220 but some of the lodges do not have many outlets to charge your batteries and phones etc.
- Lens cleaning cloths.
- Laundry soap if you plan to wash clothes. Laundry services are available at the lodges.
- LED flashlight
- Credit Cards can be used for incidental purchases. AMEX has limited usage but Visa and MasterCard are fine. US Currency can be used in most places in Costa Rica.
Each participant on our tours will be required to sign a Disclaimer form and Assumption of Risk form prior to coming on the trip. These forms will be sent to you for signature. Please scan the signed forms and return them to Gary Malloch at email@example.com as soon as possible/
The information included in this first communication regarding the Costa Rica tour is intended to give you the basics of the trip. Once you commit to the trip, I will send out a detailed day-by-day itinerary of the trip plus other information that you will need, such as what to bring, best lenses to use, what peripheral gear should be considered, etc.
Please remember you do not need to be a professional photographer to come along on this exciting photo safari trip. Video cameras and point and shoot or even your iPhone camera are fine to use on this trip.
The most important issue to remember is that we need to have a commitment early in order to secure bookings that will accommodate our group. There are only six spaces (three vehicles) plus Judy Lynn and myself available for this trip.
We feel that this is an appropriate number of people to manage the trip well. So please give me an indication as early as possible. We would love to have you come with us to Namibia and enjoy the wildlife that exists in this unique and magical place.
Please feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 561 756-034
Judy Lynn and Gary Malloch
NATURE’S TAPESTRY JLM, LLC is registered with the State of Florida as a Seller of Travel
Registration No. ST39587.